Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Olivia is 11 months old today.

I kept thinking last night, maybe if I don't go to sleep tonight, my baby won't turn 11 months old tomorrow.  If only it were that easy.  My mom used to beg us, and annoyingly ask us all of the time to stop growing up.  She would drag her feet at all of our birthdays and say, "No!  You aren't turning ___ years old."  I would roll my eyes and try and wiggle from her death grip.  I used to never understand what the heck she had against us getting older?!  Now, I know.  I completely understand.

I can honestly say that it literally hurts my heart to think that my baby girl is one month away from turning one year old!  While she is growing more amazing each day, I hate the thought of her growing up. 

11 months have flown right on by.  Whew!  What the heck did we do with our lives and our time before Olivia?  She has given me such a purpose in this world, and such a drive to be a better person.  I want to do better for her, and for our family, and it amazes me that someone so small can motivate me so much.










1 comment: