Olivia had quite the busy weekend! First overnight camp out, first rice "cookie," and first time swimming! Oh, and I can't forget the scooting! Man, I often feel like if I blink I will miss something.
We took this video last week when we noticed that Olivia has started to use her feet to inch herself forward. She seems to be getting better at the scooting, but pretty slowly. It's so exciting to watch. She loves to try and travel around on her blanket, whether by scooting or by rolling.
(Please ignore my husband's dorky comments.)
On Friday after work we decided to load the Jeep up and grab the dog and go camping at Lake Travis. Such a great idea, and such a fun time! The spot that we love to visit is only about 20 minutes away from our house. The weather was acting slightly iffy, so if we had to pack up and go home it would not be that big of a deal. Olivia was such a good little camper! She was ready to party though, and stayed up with us until about 11p.m. She was in a good mood, so we enjoyed having her up.
Dave and the dog got up extra early for some fishing and swimming, and Olivia and I slept in until 7a.m. Not too bad for sleeping in a tent on the ground!
My Ergo rocks. I was able to actually help set up camp, and carry our baby.
My two babies.
Oh! Hey, Daddy!
Thor supervising.
Down for the night in the tent.
Saturday morning!
On Saturday, Olivia got to enjoy a little taste of food. Gammie bought her some Mum Mums, which is like a rice cake, to munch on. We figured, what the heck, let's try it out.
Olivia seemed to know what to do with the rice cake, but I don't think she quite liked the taste or the texture. They ended up being more like toys for her in the end. Messy, sticky toys.
Although it threatened to rain all week and weekend, it never rained for more than a couple of minutes. Which meant the pool water had finally gotten warm enough! We were able to take Olivia for her first dip on Sunday. We didn't stay at the pool too long because the sun felt so strong, but we did have a good time. I'm looking forward to lots of pool time this year!
Funny, just this weekend we were thinking about going camping with Fanda, thinking whether or not it would be safe and ok...
ReplyDeleteJana, Olivia did really well, much better than I was expecting. I think because everything was so new she never got bored. I'm not sure how it would be with a mobile baby like Fanda though :).
ReplyDelete