Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 11, 2011

The 4-month check-up

Olivia is healthy and thriving. 

12 lbs 14 ounces (25%)
23 and 1/4 inches long (10%)
40 cen. head circumfrence (50%)


Showing off her war wounds in her most flattering picture yet.


Her four month check-up went very well and rather uneventfully.  She's itty bitty, but that's not surprising as neither mommy nor daddy are very big people.  We were given the doctor's recommendations as far as solid introductions and talked about other developmental milestones coming up.  I'm planning on waiting until O is 6 months old to introduce any solids, and most likely we will be skipping the traditional rice cereal route all together.  I haven't totally formulated my plan of attack for it yet, and I need to continue to do some more research.

Olivia got her shots and it about broke my heart.   Luckily, Dave was there this time, so he got the task of holding her upper body down while the nurse poked her chubby little legs.   She cried of course, but she really did well and stopped crying pretty quickly, which makes me wonder how she would handle getting her ears pierced...I've chickened out on it a couple of times already, and I just think we have missed the window of opportunity and will have to wait until she is much older.  This is so un-Mexican and I am reminded of that quite often. 

I cannot get over how wonderful this all is.  I keep waiting to come down from the, "omg, she is SOOOOO cute" and "Dave! Look at her, look at her, she's so beautiful" high that started on December 8, 2010.  But, nope, no luck.  We can't get enough of our little Olivia.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, as far as solids, it sounds like you might be interested in baby-led weaning. If you Google it, you should be able to find some helpful resources. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over here, we start with one-kind vegetable soups (puree), slowly adding more variety.

    Oh, and even though Fanda is almost a year old, I still haven´t gotten over the "oh, he´s so adorable, look at him!!" stage :-) No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about the ear piercing. Amanda has been hounded about that since day one. Every baby girl in Chile gets their ears pierced. Marisol lets Amanda know that all the time. Amanda decided before Aubrie was born that she would not do it. She would let Aubrie make that decision when she was old enough to take care of it herself. It has been a battle, but as I told Amanda, she is your daughter so you get to do what you want.

    I love reading your blog. You have a great way of expressing yourself!

    ReplyDelete