Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Little Troublemaker

It all just keeps getting more and more fun!  Over the weekend we went to San Antonio to celebrate with my family for my Mom's 50th birthday.  We had such a good time with Olivia, and it was our first time away from home overnight since she was born.  She did amazingly well.  I was a little nervous that she would have a difficult night while we were at my grandparent's home, but she slept like a champ for us!

Olivia is an amazing sleeper at night.  She has been mostly sleeping through the night for sometime now, and will typically only get up a couple of times very briefly, and just to nurse.  Easy peasey.


The birthday girl in San Antonio with her girls! Happy 40+10, Mom.


On our way back home Olivia had a very messy diaper!  We were so close to home, that rather than putting on a new outfit, she remained almost nakey the rest of the drive home.  She loved it.  She went straight in the tub once we got home.

Our weekend flew by entirely too quickly, as it always does.  On Monday, when I went to have lunch at Olivia's school I found out that she had been having a very rough day.  She was very fussy and Ms. Maria said that all of the normal things they do to usually calm her down had not been working.   I took her temperature there, and she was not running a fever.  I nursed her and then Dave and I took turns rocking her to sleep.  When I left to go back to work, she was sound asleep.

 I called the daycare at 2p.m. to check on her, and her teacher answered the phone.  I could hear Olivia crying in the backgroud.  It's funny how you can pick out your own baby's cry immediately.  Ms. Maria said that she had woken up and had been crying again since then, she thought that she was possibly having a hard time transitioning back to school since the weekend, or maybe a stomach ache, or maybe even the very beginning stages of teething.  Who knows??? 

I decided to go pick her up and just call it a day for her at daycare.  I brought her back to work with me, and wouldn't you know it, she was an angel for the rest of the afternoon!!!

It was pretty hard to concentrate on work while she was here, but once she feel asleep I was able to get some things done!

She's rolling from side to side now.


And she's out! :)

We think that she may have had an upset stomach.  That is really the only conclusion I have come to because since her fussy Monday morning everything else has returned back to normal.  Tuesday was a great day for Olivia at daycare.


I love when I catch these two all cuddled up!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! She just wanted to be with her mommy. Doesn't that make you feel great?!

    ReplyDelete