Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 4, 2009

Wedding HoopLa

Thanksgiving was wonderful! This is the first time ever that I did not spend the holiday with my family, but at the same time I did spend it with my family. My new family. It was a Copeland Thanksgiving, and it will be a Jimenez Christmas, with the Copelands as well, in San Antonio. I know that sharing the holidays is important, I just wished that Thanksgiving & Christmas were two days each so Dave and I could see everyone. Then I also realize that we are very fortunate to live so close to both of our sides of the family!


We weren't going to decorate for Christmas this year, at least that was what I had kinda submitted to. Every additional ounce of our budget has gone towards wedding expense, and with Dave’s new job transition his regular paychecks won't take effect until Jan 1. Needless to say, our budget has been very tight for November and December. That is okay though, we are rich in many more ways than money. Health, family, God, employment, love, each other, roof over our head.

Low and behold though, Dave got an itch to get our Christmas decorations out! He got the tree down from the attic last night, and I pulled out what little decorations we do have and plan on finishing that up tonight, and then picking up a few little things that strikes up my fancy this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend.... it’s going to be very busy for me! Bridal portraits on Saturday and Bridal Shower on Sunday! Wooohooo, and I have to drive to San Antonio both days, so that is the part I'm not looking forward to. My veil is in San Antonio and I need it for my portraits in Austin on Saturday, and then my Shower is in San Antonio Sunday afternoon. So lots of running around and lots of business to take care of! On top of that, I still have not found what I want to wear to my bridal shower...so some shopping must also occur tonight! Oh, and we bought my wedding jewelry tonight. LOVELY. Love it. It is a sapphire pendant earring and necklace set. It matches the dominant wedding color perfectly...& it is also my something blue!!! Something old = mom's veil, something new = wedding dress, something borrowed = ?, something blue = wedding jewelry.

Everything really seems to be falling into place.  We really need to do our Christmas shopping for our families, niece & nephew and wrapping gifts, ect.  I'm pretty sure I know what I would like to get Dave, but he knows what that is already so I still want to find something to surprise him with.

It is suppose to snow today here in Austin....but we all know how that goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment