
Dave and I are not fools, nor are we rushing in into anything...However, if you have ever seen that movie sometimes that is how I feel as Dave and I begin the real process of merging our lives together. Although this process started about two years ago it has made itself more apparent in the past couple of months as we have planned our wedding. We come from different cultural backgrounds and it's so much fun learning how Dave's family does stuff differently than mine, and deciding between the two of us how we want our household to do things. It's neat that his background and my background are coming together to pretty much make up us and how our family will eventually be. Hopefully we can take the best from each side and make it even better :o). This may hold true for any couple that gets married, but I think because of our cultural differences our families are very different, and in a good way. I also never realized how Mexican my family secretly is until I started planning our wedding....I mean, c'mon...Mariachis will be there....Ole!
So watch Fools Rush In, if you haven't already and if you have already, watch it again. Even before Dave it has always been one of my favorite movies of all time. Dave and I actually like to quote a particular part of the movie that really makes me laugh all of the time! It's the part of the movie where Alex Whitman and Isabel Fuentes parent's are meeting for the first time on a boat in Nevada and Alex's dad and mom can't take the heat and he says something like, "how do you people stand this heat...the white people are melting out here! "
So yes, just a little random weekday blog...I'm really looking forward to the 4th of July weekend (even though I do not get a single day off this week). We are going up my parent's house and lots of family will be there from San Antonio, as well as the Copelands and possibly even an Aunt and Uncle and family from Germany.
Last 4th of July I went up to Harker Heights to barbeque with my family while Dave was working all day. I left HH as soon as Dave got off so that we could spend the evening together, and we just ended up going to see a movie and i did not get to see any fireworks. However, since D has the weekends off this year we will be able to stay and watch fireworks! the only problem is, they may possibly be banned because everywhere in central texas is experiencing a serious drought! We will see.
So watch Fools Rush In, if you haven't already and if you have already, watch it again. Even before Dave it has always been one of my favorite movies of all time. Dave and I actually like to quote a particular part of the movie that really makes me laugh all of the time! It's the part of the movie where Alex Whitman and Isabel Fuentes parent's are meeting for the first time on a boat in Nevada and Alex's dad and mom can't take the heat and he says something like, "how do you people stand this heat...the white people are melting out here! "
So yes, just a little random weekday blog...I'm really looking forward to the 4th of July weekend (even though I do not get a single day off this week). We are going up my parent's house and lots of family will be there from San Antonio, as well as the Copelands and possibly even an Aunt and Uncle and family from Germany.
Last 4th of July I went up to Harker Heights to barbeque with my family while Dave was working all day. I left HH as soon as Dave got off so that we could spend the evening together, and we just ended up going to see a movie and i did not get to see any fireworks. However, since D has the weekends off this year we will be able to stay and watch fireworks! the only problem is, they may possibly be banned because everywhere in central texas is experiencing a serious drought! We will see.
*Wedding Planning update....We finally landed a wedding reception venue!!!! ahhhhhh (that was a sigh of serious relief). Last weekend Dave, Annette, Reese and I went to San Antonio with the main mission of trying out and looking at a couple of the rehearsal dinner locations that Annette was looking at. We also planned to do a couple of venue visits while in San Antonio. Luckily, a couple turned into only one, and we decided on the Republic Golf Club. I loved it and it has a great texas style to it and very nice at the same time. Also, it is in the same area as the Mission San Jose, only about 6 miles away! The only thing that we are trying to work on is the time gap between the wedding and the reception. The ceremony is going to be a 1p.m. and we can't decide what time to hold the reception. Ideally, I would like it to be at 5-10 so that people can be ready for dinner and party on a Saturday night, but it feels like from 2 until 5 would be too much time for there to be nothing going on (except taking pictures/getting pictures done). Oh well. Slowly it's all coming together.
A portion of the Republic Golf Club - I'm getting really excited about decorating!!!
Here is the link to our wedding website just incase: http://www.mywedding.com/amandandaveswedding/

Here is the link to our wedding website just incase: http://www.mywedding.com/amandandaveswedding/
No comments:
Post a Comment