Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

20 Things Every Girl Should Do Before Marry

My absolute favorite morning show ever is on vacation right now so they are just running "Best Of..." clips. Because of this I was forced to listen to Mix 94.7, The JB & Sandy Morning Show, which honestly isn't really that bad either. I mainly don't like them as much because 1) it is primarily ran by two guys so it has a more manly vibe, 2) they are generally more conservative and judgmental, 3) the two guys are a little bit older (not that i don't LOVE older guys, but their age annoyingly shows) and 4) i just really like (LOVE) the Bobby Bones Morning Show.

So anyways, I had to drive to Lockhart today for a work-related errand and was in the car to listen. They did a list over the air about things that a woman should do or accomplish before she gets married. I thought it was neat and I was later able to find it on one of hosts' blogs. So here is what that list had to say as well as some of my commentary as well (where appropriate because my mother reads this!) ;o).

1. Live by herself for at least a year.
Nope, and no thank you.

2. Live with someone else for at least a year.
I've had 3 roommates before D and I started shacking up.

3. Recover from a broken heart.
Check.

4. Have a vacation fling.
I kinda dated a boy I traveled to Mexico with, if that counts. I wasn't technically on vacation.

5. Take a road-trip with a group of girlfriends.
Check! South Padre '06 13 of us convoyed there andd stayed at a rental house.

6. Relish sleeping in a queen-sized bed by herself.
I've relished sleeping in a full-sized bed by myself.

7. Get her finances in order.
Working on it.

8. Learn to love her body.
Check. Luckily, I've never had major body issues. It has always been my wonderland (per John Mayer).

9. Have a relationship with at least one person she’d never want to marry (or introduce to mom).
Um...not really.

10. Find reliable birth control.
It has worked so far! (knock on wood.)

11. Pay off as much credit card debt and student loans as possible.
Monthly.

12. Spend way too much on a something frivolous.
Does a pet count? Lol. I have too much buyers remorse to splurge too much.

13. Exorcise all past relationship demons.
For the most part, yes.

14. Travel somewhere exotic.
Tampico & Hawaii, lots of non-exotic travels elsewhere too.

15. Establish a strong circle of friends.
Yes, I feel like I have a few forever-friends and then my family also.

16. Forgive her parents for not being perfect.
My parents weren't perfect?? I don't really have any mommy or daddy issues, so: check.

17. Have at least one night she can’t quite remember.
Check.

18. Experience some really bad first dates.
I never really dated like that. Relationships just tended to evolve.

19. Find hobbies that fulfill her.
Running, shopping, hiking, outdoors stuff.

20. Celebrate her 25th birthday.
That's stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment