Wooohoo...I will graduate in 4 hours. High school, undergrad, and now my masters. That makes three. I look back, and I am so relieved that it's done and over with. I even tend to think, you know what, it really wasn't THAT hard; however when I was in the middle of all of it, it would often times seem impossible.
My co-workers were really awesome today, too! They got me a graduation gift and an awesome cake! My bosses wife made the cake, topped with '09 sparkler candles and all. Super cool. Dave is on his way to pick me up from work to take us to San Marcos for the ceremony @ 6:00p.m.
I really really don't like walking for graduation, but I have done it everytime nonetheless. I feel like it is important for the family, and plus we usually go out to eat afterwards and I am really looking forward to a good steak dinner!
This morning Dave taught Thor the CUTEST thing ever. He taught him how to high-five. It took probably a total of 5 minutes for Thor to learn this new trick. I was amazed. I want to get it on video! The last time that Thor gave a high-five, he was sitting and used both paws and kinda fell forward very goofily. It was toooo cute.
Oh, also on a side note, Dave got me a fishing rod & case for graduation! I was thrilled. Back story to why a fishing rod: Dave and I went to Killeen about 2 months ago to visit my family. While in town we went to the Ft. Hood PX and did some shopping. There we found an awesome pink automatic reeling fishing rod that I fell in love with. I like to fish and I like to go fishing with Dave so I was really excited to get my first very own fishing rod, and it was PINK. So we bought it. Later, on our way home we had to stop by our storage unit to put some boxes away that we picked up from my parent's house. When taking stuff out of the car to put in storage Dave put the fishing rod on the roof. I saw him put it there, and I was busy walking the dogs while Dave did the moving. So sadly, we drove off and got onto the main road with my beloved fishing rod still on the roof. We circled back around and around and never found it. It is a lightweight one, so who knows where it ended up. I was so sad. That was 2 months ago, we haven't gone fishing in that time, so I kind of forgot about it, and low and behold I am presented with the exact same pink fishing rod for graduation! Oh, and he got me a really cool care for it. I'm in love. We need to go fishing soon, just that I can try it out and feel stylish. Everyone knows you catch more fish when you do it with a pretty pink rod.
No comments:
Post a Comment